This detailed review of The Crew Kodi Addon will give you everything you need to know about this add-on on Firestick and Android devices.
The Crew is considered one of the best Kodi add-ons available today among cord-cutters.
How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon (Video Guide)
Below, we have provided a video and screenshot guide for installing this popular add-on on Firestick.
We suggest watching the video first and then reviewing the screenshots afterward for more details.
Since this add-on can’t be installed through the official Kodi repository, it must be installed from a 3rd party provider, which we show in the tutorial below.
Following the installation tutorial, we also show integrations for Real-Debrid and Trakt.
If you don’t have Kodi installed on your device, you can install the latest stable release using our Kodi on Firestick tutorial.
The Crew Kodi can be installed on any Android-powered device, including the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, NVIDIA Shield, and more.
The categories within this add-on include IPTV, Movies, TV Shows, Sports, 1 Clicks, Radio, Comedy, Kids, Tools, and many more.
Below you find information on this Kodi Addon, including how to install it, its features, categories, and more.
Now, here are the steps we went through to install this add-on through their repository.
How to Install The Crew Kodi Addon (Screenshot Guide)
1. After installing Kodi on your device, launch Kodi and click the Settings icon.
2. Click System.
3. Hover over the Add-ons menu and turn on Unknown sources.
4. Read the warning message and click Yes.
This is another reminder to use a VPN when running these unverified, 3rd party Kodi addons such as The Crew.
5. Next, click the back button on your remote and select File manager.
6. Click Add source.
7. Click the <None> icon to open the search box.
8. Enter the following URL and click OK – https://team-crew.github.io.
Note: This is the official source of The Crew Kodi Addon.
9. Name the media source whatever you prefer, and click OK. In this example, we named the media source “crew.”
10. Click the back button and select Add-ons.
11. Click Install from zip file.
12. Locate and select your media source.
13. Click the zip file URL – repository.thecrew.zip
14. Wait a few seconds for The Crew Repository Add-on installed message to appear.
15. Next click Install from repository.
16. Click The Crew Repo.
17. Choose Video add-ons.
18. Click The Crew.
19. Click Install.
20. Click OK.
21. Wait a minute or two for The Crew Add-on installed message. Click No if this message appears.
22. Return to the home screen of Kodi and select Add-ons from the main menu. Then under Video add-ons select The Crew.
23. That’s it! You have installed The Crew Kodi Addon on Firestick/Android.
Continue reading below for integrating Real-Debrid, Trakt, and other important features.
How to Setup Real Debrid
Setting up Real-Debrid within The Crew Kodi add-on will provide the highest quality streaming links.
For those unfamiliar with Real-Debrid, this is a premium, unrestricted downloader service for Kodi add-ons and streaming apps that will reduce buffering.
1. You must first register for a Real-Debrid account if you don’t already have one.
2. Launch The Crew
3. Scroll down and click Tools.
4. Click ResolveURL: Settings
5. Hover over the Universal Resolvers menu on the left, then scroll down and select (Re)Authorize My Account under Real-Debrid.
6. This screen will appear. Write down the code.
7. Open an Internet browser on another device and go to the following page – https://real-debrid.com/device.
Then enter the code from the previous step and click Continue.
8. Your Real-Debrid application is now approved.
That’s it! Return back to The Crew and you will notice the Real-Debrid links now appearing with“RD” in the link name.
How to Setup Trakt
In addition to Real-Debrid, Trakt is another popular integration used by thousands of cord-cutters.
Trakt helps users sync and compile all their media content across numerous devices and platforms.
1. Register for a free Trakt account if you don’t have one already.
2. On the main menu of The Crew, scroll down and click Tools
3. Click Trakt:Authorize
4. Write down the provided code
5. Go to trakt.tv/activate on any browser and type in the code from the previous step
6. This screen should appear, click Yes
7. You should then receive a confirmation message for Trakt
8. Return to The Crew add-on, and you will notice your Trakt information has been successfully integrated within the Settings.
Is This Addon Legal?
IPTV Wire can’t determine whether these unverified Kodi addons hold the proper licensing.
If and when a Kodi add-on is deemed illegal, we notify our users immediately and update reports on our website to reflect that information.
In conclusion, the end-user is responsible for all content accessed through unverified Kodi addons.
At first glance, it would appear that The Crew is distributing copyrighted works without consent.
Is This Addon Safe?
Before installing this, I want to scan their repository URL with VirusTotal.
Here is the screenshot of the scan results.
VirusTotal did not find any suspicious files or malware within this addon’s repository URL.
However, this does not mean we shouldn’t protect ourselves when streaming content from this unverified 3rd party add-on.
Kodi even alerts users during setup that these 3rd party Add-ons will be given access to personal data stored on our device.
A VPN is the best way to protect yourself when using unverified add-ons.
Overall, The Crew is a well-known Kodi add-on that provides VOD Content that can be installed on any Firestick/Android device.
If you want more Kodi options, check out our other popular guides below.
The Crew Kodi Addon FAQ
What is The Crew Kodi Addon?
The Crew is a free Kodi add-on that provides hundreds of live streams and various options for streaming live TV.
What Channels does The Crew Addon have?
The Crew Addon has hundreds of live streams in categories including sports, international, entertainment, and more.
Is this Kodi add-on free?
Yes. This Kodi add-on is 100% free to use on any streaming device.
What devices can this Kodi add-on be installed on?
This Kodi add-on is available for installation on any device that runs the Android operating system. This includes the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and any Android device.
The post The Crew Kodi Addon: How to Install Newest Version on Firestick appeared first on IPTV WIRE.