This guide shows how to install the Downloader App for sideloading secret apps on Firestick, Fire TV, and Android devices.
Sideloading is the process of enabling unknown sources within the developer’s settings to allow for the installation of unauthorized applications.
Although there are other tools available that can assist with sideloading, we have found the Downloader app to be one of the best options.
How to Install Downloader App on Firestick – Video Guide
Below we have provided a video and screenshot guide for installing the Downloader App on Firestick.
We suggest watching the video first and then reviewing the screenshots after for more details.
The Downloader app is developed and owned by AFTVnews and has been accessed by millions of cord-cutters across the world.
If you own any streaming device that runs the Android operating system (OS) then you can install the Downloader app onto your device for sideloading capabilities.
Popular streaming devices that run Android OS include the following:
- Amazon Firestick (all models)
- Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and all Fire TV devices
- NVIDIA Shield (all variations)
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Android Phones & Tablets
- Generic Android TV Boxes – X96 Max, T95q, Beelink GT-King, and more
- MECOOL Boxes
- Tivo Stream 4K
- Raspberry Pi
- Windows PC and Mac (via Android emulator)
Note: Roku devices run their own operating system and are NOT compatible with the Downloader app.
We recommend using one of the Android OS devices listed above for a better overall streaming experience.
Below we have included step-by-step screenshot instructions for installing Downloader on each type of Android operating system.
How to Install Downloader App on Firestick – Screenshot Tutorial
The following process is for those using the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, or any Fire TV device.
1. From the home screen of your device, hover over the Find option.
2. Click Search.
3. Search for and select Downloader.
4. Choose the Downloader app.
5. Click Download.
6. Wait for the app to install.
7. Once the app finishes installing click Open.
8. Return to the home screen and open Settings.
9. Click My Fire TV.
10. Choose Developer options.
11. Click Install unknown apps.
12. Find the Downloader app and click it.
13. This will turn Unknown Sources to On for the Downloader app. This will enable side-loading on your device.
That’s it! You have successfully installed the Downloader app on your Firestick/Fire TV and can now sideload applications.
Some of the most popular 3rd party streaming apps include the following:
- Cinema HD
- CyberFlix TV
- MX Player Pro
- Viva TV
- Aptoide TV
- Popcorn Time
Install Downloader App on Chromecast With Google TV
Follow the video or screenshots below for those using the new Chromecast with Google TV device.
1. Click Apps from the main menu.
2. Choose Search for apps.
3. Type in “downloader” within the search bar and click the search icon.
4. Select Downloader by AFTVnews under Apps.
5. Click Install.
6. Once the Downloader app is finished installing return back to the home screen.
7. Click Settings.
8. Choose System.
9. Select About.
10. Click Android TV OS build approximately 7 times.
11. You will eventually see a message that says “you are now a developer!”
12. Click the back button on your remote until you see the Apps option within Settings. Click that.
13. Click Security & Restrictions.
14. Click Unknown sources.
15. Turn on unknown sources for the Downloader app. After doing so it will say “Allowed” under Downloader.
How to Sideload with Downloader App – Android TV
In the steps below I am using an NVIDIA Shield, but this process works for any device running the Android TV operating system.
This includes all variations of the NVIDIA Shield, MECOOL Boxes, Tivo Stream 4K, Dynalink, Mi Box, and more.
1. From your device home screen select the Google Play Store.
2. Click the search icon.
3. Type in “downloader” and click Search.
4. Select Downloader by AFTVnews.
5. Click Install.
6. After the Downloader app installs return to the home screen.
7. Click Settings.
8. Scroll down and click Device Preferences.
9. Choose Security & restrictions.
10. Select Unknown sources.
11. Within the Install unknown apps screen, click Downloader.
12. That’s it! The Downloader app will now say allowed for sideloading on your Android TV device.
How to Sideload with Downloader App – Stock Android
If you are using an Android TV Box such as the X96 Max, Beelink GT-King, T95q, or other generic boxes, follow the steps below.
These devices run “Stock Android OS” and require a different process to install the Downloader app for sideloading.
We must first use a web browser like Google Chrome, TV Bro, or any browser that allows for downloading. In this example, we are using Google Chrome.
1. Go into the Settings of your Android TV Box and click Security & restrictions.
2. Click Unknown sources.
3. Click Google Chrome or whatever web browser you are using to allow for the installation of unknown apps. Make sure your FileBrowser is allowed as well.
4. Launch Google Chrome and click the search bar.
5. Enter in the following URL – “iptvwire.com/down” and click Go.
6. Click Continue if prompted with this message.
7. Click Allow.
8. Select Download.
9. You will notice a message on the bottom saying “Downloader apk downloaded.” Return back to your home screen.
10. Select FileBrowser or whatever your default file manager is called.
11. Click Local Disk.
12. Click the Download folder.
13. Locate the most recent APK file of Downloader and click that.
14. Click Install.
15. Click Done.
16. Return back to the home screen and click Settings.
17. Click Security & restrictions.
18. Select Unknown sources.
19. Locate and click Downloader to allow for the installation of unknown apps.
20. That’s it! The Downloader app will now say allowed for sideloading on your Stock Android device.
How To Sideload on Android Phones & Tablets
The process below will show you how to install the Downloader app on Android phones and tablets.
We are using a Samsung Galaxy S6 Tablet in this example, but these same steps work for any Android tablet or mobile device.
1. Open the settings menu on your tablet device.
2. Choose Apps.
3. Select Chrome or another browser of your choice.
4. Scroll down and click Install unknown apps.
5. Click the toggle to enable Unknown Sources from this app.
6. Return to the home screen and launch your Browser.
7. Type iptvwire.com/down in the address bar.
8. Click OK.
9. Wait for the file to install and click Open.
10. Choose Install.
11. Click Done.
12. Return to app settings to find Downloader and enable the unknown sources toggle.
13. Launch the Downloader application and when prompted click Allow.
14. Click Ok.
Downloader App Information & Features
The Downloader app is one of the most popular applications among those using the Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Android devices.
Downloader is currently ranked in the top 20 for best free apps in the Amazon App Store.
In addition to sideloading, another great feature of Downloader is its Browser option which works like any traditional web browser.
You will notice the Browser option on the left, which will allow you to access any of your favorite websites!
The Files tab will compile any APK file you install. We suggest cleaning this out when installing APK files.
You can also add websites to the Favorites tab within Downloader if you prefer.
We suggest leaving these settings to default for the most part.
Overall, the Downloader app is the best option available when it comes to sideloading unauthorized software on any device running Android OS.
If you own an Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, or any Android device the Downloader app is a must-have!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Downloader App on Firestick?
The Downloader App is a tool that allows you to easily download and install applications that are not available on the official Amazon App Store for your Firestick device. It’s a popular choice for side-loading applications onto your Firestick, which means installing apps from sources other than the official app store.
How do I install the Downloader App on my Firestick?
To install the downloader app, go to the home screen on your Firestick and then to the search bar. Type in “Downloader” and click on it when it appears in the search results. Click the “Download” or “Get” button to install the app. Before using it, you might have to enable the installation of apps from unknown sources in your Firestick settings.
Is it safe to use a Downloader App on my Firestick?
While the downloader app is safe, you can install apps from unofficial sources. This can be risky because these apps might not be vetted for safety or privacy standards. It’s important to ensure that any app you’re downloading from an unofficial source is trustworthy to prevent potential harm to your device or privacy.
Is the Downloader App Legal?
The downloader app itself is not illegal. However, it’s what you do with it that could potentially lead to legal issues. Downloading and using apps that allow pirated content, such as unauthorized streaming of copyrighted movies and TV shows, is illegal. Always make sure to use the downloader app responsibly and for legal purposes only.
Can I uninstall the apps installed through the Downloader App?
Yes, you can uninstall any app installed on your Firestick, including those installed through the downloader app. To do this, go to your Firestick’s settings, select ‘Applications,’ then ‘Manage Installed Applications’. From there, you can select the app you want to uninstall and choose the ‘Uninstall’ option.
The post Downloader App on Firestick/Android – Install Secret Apps (2023) appeared first on IPTV WIRE.